Best Venue Devon
The success of the Fox and Hounds has been recognised by a number of awards including :
- Hotel Reservation Services (HRS) National Award for Best Customer Service in 2008 (beating The Ritz in the final)
- Special Commendation from The Publican for Food & Drink in 2007
- FSB's Award for Product Innovation in 2008 in recognition of the much publicised EBay Wedding Package
- North Devon Plus Award for Best Business Turnaround in 2009
- South West Wedding Awards Best Venue in 2012, National Finalist in 2013 and Runner Up Best Venue 2014
- HRS 2010 Award for Best Family Friendly Hotel
- The much coveted Publican's national Chef of the Year Award in November 2009
In addition to these we were finalists in the HRS Award for Excellence in Marketing (2008) and Excellence in Business Management (2009), and Runner-up in the North Devon Plus Award for Business Innovation (2009).
National Chef of the Year
We were delighted in 2009 when our Head Chef, Alex Pallat, won National Chef of the Year at The Publican Food & Drink Awards in London - one for Devon we are very proud of!
Hotel Excellence Awards
In 2010 we were thrilled to have beaten many chain hotels to win Best Family Friendly Hotel at the Hotel Excellence awards - apparently it was having every size welly boot available to borrow which swung the vote!
AA Rosette Awards
Awarded an AA Rosette for the food, who state that this is for "excellent restaurants that stand out in their local area. The food is prepared with care, understanding and skill, using good quality ingredients".
The Westcountry Wedding Awards
The Westcountry Wedding Awards are Devon and Cornwall's most prestigious awards for client service excellence, voted for by customers. The Awards recognise those businesses which go the extra mile for their customers, providing outstanding service and inspire their customers to want to actively and positively promote them.
We have been the winner for Best Venue in Devon three times and Runner Up twice - all in the last 6 years !
AA Star ratings
We have been awarded three stars from the AA, whose criteria sate that "all rooms are en suite or have private facilities. A restaurant or dining room serves breakfast daily and dinner most evenings. Courteous service, well-maintained beds, and breakfast prepared with a good level of care".